A fantastic opportunity to engage with prospective students, strengthen your skills, meet new people and share your passion for QMUL.
We are Team Mary
Working for the UKSR ambassador programme has been one of the best decisions I’ve made at university. It has broadened my CV massively and given me a wide range of new skills. I've had so much fun as the work is always varied and it's really supported me throughout my time here. I've also met so many lovely people and have learnt to be a lot more confident when meeting new people.
Sarah Garnham, UKSR Ambassador and recent QMUL graduate
Could you be a UK Student Recruitment Ambassador?
If you are confident, enthusiastic and passionate about Queen Mary University of London, then you could be a fantastic addition to the Student Ambassador team. Ambassador responsibilities are diverse and include:
- Representing the university at Higher Education fairs and UCAS conventions
- Supporting large-scale university events such as open days, conferences and school visit days
- Delivering campus tours for prospective students and their families
- Sharing first-hand experience through talks, student panels and workshops for a range of audiences, including young people from the age of 11 upwards
- Interacting with prospective students digitally at virtual open days
- Assisting with activities offered as part of our Widening Participation Summer School programmes (week-long summer schools in a variety of subjects).
What qualities are we looking for in a Student Ambassador?
Our Student Ambassadors represent the face of Queen Mary and are often the first point of contact for visitors. We are looking for students who are:
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Passionate about QMUL
- Enjoy working with young people
- Good team players
- Able to think creatively and use initiative
- Organised and punctual
The programme is open to all students at Queen Mary University of London but as we have already recruited enough undergraduate students for this academic year, we are now looking to recruit postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students only. You can be a UK or overseas student, we welcome applications from Queen Mary students from across the globe.
Why join the programme?
Be part of something: As a Student Ambassador, you will join a dynamic team of students from all over the world. From undergraduate to postgraduate, the scheme provides a supportive and stimulating network for students of all academic backgrounds and the chance to build friendships.
Build your CV: Professional skills and experience have never been more important for graduates and the UKSR ambassador programme provides many opportunities to strengthen your CV. As part of the programme you will receive comprehensive training in a wide range of areas, including presenting and campus tour delivery.
Get paid London Living Wage: You will be paid hourly for your work at £11.53/hour (£10.43/hour + Holiday Pay).
The Student Ambassador contract is flexible, meaning that students have the freedom to select when they work. The scheme fits well with academic study and ensures that students maintain a manageable balance between their professional and academic work.
Key events that we require you to work at are:
- Undergraduate Open Days on 21 June, 22 June and 12 October 2019
- Postgraduate Open Evening on 16 January 2019
- Postgraduate Open Afternoon on 4 September 2019
- Postgraduate Virtual Open Days, dates to be confirmed.
Recruitment process dates:
Wednesday 31 October 2018: Applications will open.
Sunday 11 November: Applications will close at 23:59
Thursday 15 November: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Wednesday 21 November (PM) and Thursday 22 November (PM): Interviews will take place.
Friday 23 November: Successful candidates will be informed.
Tuesday 27 November 4-7pm or Wednesday 28 2-5pm November: Training will take place.
*You must make yourself available on both the interview and the training dates to be considered for this job.
How to apply:
Applications are now closed. Please check back for future updates, or browse other work experience opportunities.