As an international student, you probably have many questions about working in the UK during and after your studies, or about working abroad after you graduate. We have developed a module on QMPlus that is full of resources and advice dedicated to this area including part time work, internships and work experience advice. There are also guideline and advice on how to put together CVs and complete application forms using the UK standard style and format.
What we can do for you:
- You have access to 1-2-1 appointments with a Careers Consultant, who can assist with choosing a career and developing a careers action plan
- Provide information and presentations about different careers, employers and postgraduate study in the UK and overseas
- Give you the information and support you need to think about working in the UK, at home or any other country of your choice
- Advise on finding part-time work, work experience or internships
- Help with making applications, writing CVs and preparing for interviews
- Provide a part-time and full-time online job vacancy database
Please note we can help you find out about employers, but we do not place students in companies. Learning and Development can help with correcting spelling and grammar on CVs or application forms (on campus), as we don't have time to cover this in 1-2-1 Careers appointments.
New regulations have been introduced for permission to work in the UK after studies. The Advice and Counselling department at QMUL offer international students advice on money, immigration and other practical aspects of coming to live and study in the UK. Please contact them for advice and information about your legal rights to work in the UK during and after your course.